Monday, March 1, 2010

From the Back Porch - Revisited

Hmmm... So had life get in the way there for a bit but the important part is I'm back I suppose.Between hard drive problems and 6 month old benign cysts its been a crazy few weeks... and thats only the start of all the craziness - lol. But bag all that. Photography is what this is all about.

Life is very unexpected at times. And honestly, those rare moments are what is the true beauty behind the lens. Here two of the craziest moments I've captured... and they happened all where you would least expect it - right at home in the boring farm land of America (boring and quite IS why I personally would want to raise kids in such a place - so don't take that as me dissing).

This flower was literally growing out of a crack in the concrete where my grandmothers back porch stairs are. Being the primary entrance and exit to the residence, we all had to step over this little smiling guy for about a week and a half while he graced us with his presence. I dubbed it "delicate defiance" and it reminds me of how even the most delicate of us can push back with our personality.

The hot air balloon woke up the full house at 7am on a Saturday morning. For some reason or another the pilot decided our back yard was the ideal place to land. The kids certainly didn't mind - neither did I as you can see. If you look closely, you can still see the frost on the roof of the house - cold morning to be sure!

Thanks for being patient with me - and I look forward to seeing any new comments on these or any other of my photos. Till next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment